- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 16 Servings
Chutney adds a wonderful blend of sweet and savory flavor to sauces, dips and sandwiches. Try this classic recipe made with fresh gingerroot and garlic.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 medium (4 cups) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Put all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and place over low heat.
- Cook the mixture for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.