- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
Made with a homemade sauce, Classic Chicken Divan is a family favorite.
- 2, 10 ounce packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, halved
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli using package directions; drain.
- Melt margarine in saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add broth, blending well. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Blend in half and half, stirring until smooth.
- Place broccoli in single layer across a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken over broccoli.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese into sauce. Pour over chicken. Top with additional cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through. Broil for 5 minutes or until sauce is golden.