- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 2
A classic Italian dish made with a creamy white sauce and succulent pieces of sautéed chicken. Serve over fettuccine pasta and with a fresh green salad.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and then mix half of the graded cheese and 1 tablespoon of the fresh parsley; set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a flat plate, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil on medium-high. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumbs, pushing firmly to adhere.
- Put the chicken into the sauté pan and cook until both sides of the chicken are golden brown. Take out of the pan and place in a baking dish.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Pour in the cream and the milk and stir constantly with a wire whisk. Add the remaining graded cheese and the remaining fresh parsley, and cook just until cheese is melted and sauce has heated through.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the casserole dish, securely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place a piece of sliced mozzarella cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, remove from oven and serve immediately.