- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 10
Cream cheese makes Classic Chess Bars a smooth and creamy treat.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 egg
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 box confectioner's sugar
- Mix cake mix, softened margarine and one egg. Spread over a 9 by 13 inch pan evenly. Mix confectioner's sugar, cream cheese and 2 eggs together. Blend well. Spread over cake layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes until light brown. Don't over bake.
- Cool and cut into 1 inch squares.