- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Béarnaise Sauce is named after the French region in which it was originated. The creamy and rich sauce is made from a blend of egg yolks, butter and fresh tarragon. Serve it over grilled meats and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon leaf
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1-3/4 sticks butter (14 tablespoons), melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the vinegar, wine, chives and half the tarragon into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture until reduced to approximately 1 tablespoon of liquid and then set the pan aside to cool.
- Place a small saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Top the small saucepan with the pan with the vinegar mixture and then add the eggs to the mixture and whisk to combine until thick. Slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking continuously to blend, and then add a pinch of salt and pepper and the remaining tarragon; serve immediately.