- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: Makes about 4-1/2 dozen cookies
There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven for kids and adults alike. Serve with a big glass of cold milk and enjoy a taste of childhood.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the white and brown sugar and the vanilla with a hand held mixer until creamy.
- Drop in the eggs one at a time, continuing to mix, and then slowly sprinkle in the flour, beating until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon of batter onto a cookie sheet leaving about 2-1/2 inches between each cookie and bake for about 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on wire racks.