- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12
Classic Almond Crescents rolled in confectioner's sugar are a required addition to your festive cookie platter.
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and 2/3 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in extracts, then add almonds. Stir in flour and beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a log 1 inch thick in diameter. Cut each log into 3/4 inch pieces and roll each piece into a cylinder 2 inches long. Place 1 to 2 inches apart on baking sheets and form into crescents.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool then roll in confectioner's sugar.