- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 10
Almond Biscotti will keep for weeks in an airtight container.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Wth the mixer running, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Add the almonds and mix for 1 minute more. A soft dough will form.
- Put the dough on a floured board and divide it into thirds. Roll into logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the logs on a parchment lined baking sheet, spaced about 3 inches apart, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove the logs and let them cool slightly.
- While the logs are still warm, cut them on the diagonal into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices on two baking sheets and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until barely brown. Turn over the biscotti and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until barely brown. Cool on a rack.