- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This eighteenth-century English cooler is made by mixing fresh lemon juice and sugar with red wine. The result is an enjoyable blend of flavors with richness, and sweet and sour undertones.
- 4 ounces dry red wine (preferably Claret)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 - 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slice and mint sprig to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Slowly stir the mixture for 30 seconds and then strain into a wine glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon slice and the mint sprig, and then serve immediately.