- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
An impressive Italian dish that can be used as a starter for a seafood inspired dinner menu. Pair with a Pinot Grigio to compliment the taste of the clams.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 medium shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 6-oz. cans of minced or chopped clams
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (a combination of Parmesan, Romano, and Gruyere)
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and butter together over medium heat. Sauté the onions, garlic and shallots until soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle in the parsley and oregano and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the clams, breadcrumbs and 3/4 of the cheese. Use the reserved clam juice to moisten the mixture if it appears dry.
- Add the garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in a buttered baking dish, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and then place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.