- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 2 (11-inch) pizzas
This clam garlic pancetta pizza recipe is a perfect taste of Italy.
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 6 ounces minced clams
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche, at room temperature, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Muenster, at room temperature, divided
- Heat one side of the grill to high heat and one to low heat. Form the dough into two 11-inch circles and brush one side of each with olive oil.
- Cook the pancetta in a frying pan over medium heat until it is crispy. Take pancetta out of pan with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Add the garlic and clams into the same pan and cook about 5 minutes. Remove any extra liquid and add the pancetta back into the mixture.
- Place dough on oiled grill, oiled side down, and cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, on the high side. Move dough onto a cutting board, grilled side up. Top the crust with creme fraiche, Muenster, and the pancetta clam mixture.
- Move the pizzas back onto the grill on the low side and grill, with lid shut for 3 to 5 minutes, rotating 45 degrees about halfway through. Move pizza to a serving platter with two spatulas. Slice and serve.