- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
The whole family will love this dish, serve with french bread.
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen clams
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Chop clams into bite size pieces.
- In skillet, saute bacon and onion until brown. Drain.
- Put into crock pot with clams.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except milk.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours).
- During the last hour of cooking, combine 1 or 2 cups milk with the cornstarch.
- Add to crock pot with remaining milk and stir well.