- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
You can either make your own basil-infused simple syrup for this cocktail or use plain simple syrup and add a fresh basil leaf to the shaker before muddling the lime and the sugar.
- 2 (1/8-inch) wedges of lime, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce basil simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 ounces ginger ale
- lime wheel to garnish
- Place the lime and sugar into a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add the vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice to the shaker and then fill with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then pour into a cocktail glass.
- Top the drink with the ginger ale and then garnish with the lime wheel; serve immediately.