- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Candied ginger is thinly sliced ginger that has been cooked in simple syrup until sweet and tender. Try it tossed with this citrusy and slightly bitter fruit salad mix made with grapefruit, oranges and clementines.
- 2 pink or red grapefruits
- 6 navel oranges
- 10 clementines
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- Finely grate 1 teaspoon of zest from the grapefruit, orange and clementine and place into a bowl with the sugar.
- Peel all of the fruits, remove the white pith and place the orange and grapefruit sections into a bowl. Squeeze the fruit to release any additional juices.
- Cut the clementines into eights and place into the bowl along with the sugar mixture and the ginger. Toss well to combine and then serve sprinkled with the almonds.