- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Because the sweetness of fruits varies, as does the heat factor of peppers, tasting and experimenting with different fruits and spices is the best way to determine what you like.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons minced green onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound top round steak
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 red serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons green onion, water, ginger, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Combine meat and liquid in a large resealable plastic bag, being sure to fully coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for six hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium. When ready to grill, combine mango, cilantro, serrano or jalapeño pepper, 2 tablespoons green onion, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or to preferred degree of doneness, flipping once. Remove steak from grill and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice thin. Serve with salsa.