- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Citrus-Asparagus Linguini makes a lovely vegetarian and family-friendly dinner. Serve with Italian bread.
- 5 ounces of linguini
- 2 tablespoons of light margarine
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of fresh asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons each of dry white wine, fresh lemon juice and black pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the linguini according to the package directions. Drain it and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine over medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are soft.
- Add the asparagus to the onions and garlic. Continue to saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and lemon juice. Cook for an additional minute.
- Toss the skillet mixture with the hot pasta and top it with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Toss it together. Garnish with strips of lemon zest if desired. Serve immediately.