- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The zesty flavor of citrus fruits creates a lovely contrast with the sweet taste of the beets and the peppery bite of the arugula in this bright winter salad. Serve as an accompaniment to grilled pork or poultry.
- 1 whole Avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 whole Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large Orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 4 small Beets, cooked, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 whole Grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- Place the grapefruit and orange segments into a bowl with the beet wedges, red onion slices and avocado chunks. Gently toss the mixture to combine.
- Place the arugula onto a serving plate and then top with the citrus and beet mixture. Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Serve immediately.