- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
These sweet and moist muffins make an ideal grab-and-go breakfast for those busy morning routines.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and 1/4 cup butter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins; set aside.
- Mix together remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Top each muffin with the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.