- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
Spicy and sweet, this lush sauce belongs on vanilla ice cream or bread pudding.
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1-1/2 cups cream, sugar, butter and corn syup to a boil, stirring often until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for about 35 minutes or until mixture is thick and turns golden brown.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in remaining 1 cup of cream. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a serving bowl. Serve warm.