- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 24 People
These toffee bars make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee. Bake a batch to share with family and friends during the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over low heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix together butter mixture, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over bars when removed from oven.
- When chocolate melts, spread evenly over entire sheet; cut into bars or squares.