- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: Rub for 2 pounds of steak
Cinnamon makes a big and colorful statement in this dry steak rub made with a blend of oregano, sweet paprika, toasted cumin seeds, garlic powder and brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- Put the cumin seeds into a small sauté pan over medium heat and toast for 2-1/2 minutes. Transfer the toasted seeds to a mortar and pestle, or a spice grinder, and grind until crushed.
- Place the brown sugar, cinnamon, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt , red pepper and crushed cumin seeds into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Rub the spice mixture onto the steak at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.