- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
A fabulous dinner meal for 4, enjoy these cinnamon roasted chicken breasts served with pumpkin and fresh snipped sage grits.
- 4 6-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamonv
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup instant grits (two 1-ounce packages)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sage leaves to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken into a baking pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Rub the breasts with salt, cinnamon and a few grinds of black pepper and then place in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
- In the meantime, place the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the grits, stir to combine and then stir in the pumpkin, sage and a few pinches of salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits for 6 minutes or until thick, making sure to stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve the grits with the chicken breast and garnish with the sage leaves.