- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Dress up Cinnamon Poached Pears with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 cups apple or orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 firm, ripe pears such as Bartlett
- whipped cream, if desired
- In a large skillet, combine juice, sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Peel pears; cut in half and remove cores. Add pears to syrup; cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove pears from skillet using a slotted spoon. Cool slightly.
- Serve pears with whipped cream, if desired.