- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8
Yummy with ice cream after a family meal.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts (2 pie crusts)
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced pears
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and fit one piecrust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Mix pears, sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Pour pear mixture into pie dish, spreading evenly. Scatter butter pieces on pears.
- Fit top crust over pears, crimping the two crusts together to seal.
- Brust crust with milk and make slits in top crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve warm with ice cream.