- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Drop chilled dough by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.