- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 6 min
- Serving: 4
Juicy ripe blood oranges are refreshingly sweet and especially satisfying as a light dessert. A drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon accentuate the luscious flavor of this red flesh citrus.
- 1 Â½ pounds blood oranges (about 6), peeled, cut crosswise into Â½ inch wheels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place oranges in a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe cup, warm honey in the microwave for 10 seconds on HIGH or until easily poured.
- Stir in cinnamon and drizzle mixture over orange slices.
- Toss to coat and let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Serve in dessert bowls with sprigs of fresh mint or basil leaves.