- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These coffee-flavored spiced cookies are ideal for gift-giving.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together eggs and coffee.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and egg.
- Stir flour combination into creamed mixture.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Place balls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.