- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 10
Cinnamon Bread Pudding uses cinnamon rolls but any stale bakery breads will work great. This is a large recipe and will serve 1o lucky people
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 quarts milk
- 20 stale cinnamon swirl rolls, about 2 ounces each
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts heavy cream
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- softened butter to grease pan
- For the custard, beat together the eggs and egg yolks. Whisk in sugar and cocoa until well combined. Whisk in milk.
- Cut rolls in half; place in a well buttered 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Add nuts; pour the custard over rolls and let mixture stand for 5 minutes so rolls can absorb custard.
- Bake pudding uncovered at 325 degrees F for 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
- Combine heavy cream and bourbon. Pour about 1/3 cup of this mixture over each serving of warm pudding.