- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen muffins
These healthy muffins are actually quite delicious. They make an excellent snack at breakfast or as a pick-me-up in the afternoon.
- 2-1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Mix together bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir in buttermilk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon chips; mix well.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.