- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 People
These flavorful muffins serve well alongside any breakfast dish. Can also be used for a grab-and-go breakfast during those busy morning routines.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice and milk.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.