- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 10-12 People
A tasty fall treat with a healthy twist that is sure to please all members of your family!
- 8 cups unpeeled apples, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups vanilla low fat yogurt or ice cream (optional)
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix apple slices with lemon juice, orange juice, granulated sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Spread this mixture into baking dish.
- Layer applesauce evenly over apple mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats, evaporated milk, dry milk powder, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Spread this dry mixture evenly over the applesauce layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crisp is lightly browned. (Best served warm.)
- Add a scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt for an extra treat.