- Prep: 50 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 1 9-inch cake
Experience the fresh and crisp tastes of fall with this moist and delicious cake. Dust with some powdered sugar or serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups finely chopped raw apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl, place apples and sugar. Mix well to blend and set aside for 1/2 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with a fork.
- In a third bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, vanilla, nuts and raisins. Add the beaten egg and mix well to combine.
- Drop the apples into the flour mixture and stir. Pour batter into 9-inch square pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.