- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 14 balls
A food processor is required to make this recipe for cinnamon and sunflower truffles. You can also substitute the seeds for pecans, almonds or cashews for an equally as delicious dessert snack.
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark agave nectar or maple syrup
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt into a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground.
- Add the dates, olive oil and agave nectar to the processor and continue to blend until combined.
- Form the mixture into balls and then roll in the shredded coconut to garnish. Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and then serve.