- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: About 3 cups
Use thick and creamy Greek-style plain yogurt for this fresh dip recipe; serve with an assortment of vegetables and spiced pita bread strips.
- 1-1/2 cups packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (3-inch) serrano or jalapeno chile, chopped, including seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the yogurt, into a food processor and puree until mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the yogurt. Mix well to blend.
- Place the dip in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.