- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Adding avocado to this cilantro pesto adds smoother texture and a richer creaminess than the traditional recipe. Use immediately or press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pesto prior to refrigerating.
- 1-1/2 cups (lightly packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cilantro, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and garlic into a food processor and process until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- With the processor’s motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor chute and continue to blend until thoroughly combined. Add the avocado and puree until blended.
- Transfer the pesto to a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and fresh lime juice.