- Prep: 4 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 hr
- Serving: 12 servings
An easy to make, cider cooked waldorf salad.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups cold apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup apple cider or juice, heated to boiling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups chopped apple
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine 1/2 cup of cold cider and gelatin in a bowl. Allow to stand for 1 minute before adding in the hot cider and stirring until dissolved. Add in remaining cold cider and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate. Stir occasionally until it has reached the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold in the apples, celery, raisins and walnuts. Pour into a 6 1/2 cup mold and refrigerate until firm.