- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Light in calories but heavy in taste, this salad is a great lunch or dinner. Make it the night before so the flavors can infuse overnight.
- 1/3 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the chickpeas, beans, carrot, jicama, apple, bell pepper, celery and cucumber in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, sprinkle with the seeds and toss to combine.