- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Chunky Vegetable Bulgur Salad is perfect for vegetarians.
- 2 cups bulgur
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In large bowl, stir together bulgur and boiling water. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, from lemons, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add tomatoes, zucchini and squash and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir vegetables into bulgur with lemon peel and juice, mint, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.