- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves six
This chunky chicken enchilada recipe is a perfect dinner or potluck dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cans chicken chunks, drained
- 1 large jalepeno, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add chopped tomato, chicken chunks and jalepeno. Cook until heated thoroughly.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for a few seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and shredded cheese; roll.
- Place rolled tortillas in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix tomato sauce and salsa in bowl. Pour over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and diced tomatoes.