- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
A great dish to serve for casual entertaining, accompany this chuck roast with some whipped garlic potatoes, steamed vegetables and a house red wine.
- One 7-pound bone-in chuck roast
- 2 packages dried onion soup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Put the roast on enough double-thick heavy duty aluminum foil to enclose.
- Place the soup and the black pepper into a small bowl and stir to combine. Evenly sprinkle the meat on all sides with the mixture and then wrap the roast tightly in the foil until totally sealed.
- Put the meat in a roasting pan and then place in the oven for 4 hours. Remove the roast from the foil immediately prior to serving.