- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 9 hr 15 min
- Serving: 5 dozen
Delicious sugar cookies, perfect for frosting and gifting.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll the dough out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Cut out using any cookie cutter and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and allow to cool completely.