- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
Christmas Salad is a delicious gelatin dessert flavored with wine and orange.
- 2, 3 ounce packages Black Cherry Jello
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, ground
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange segments cut up, reserve juice
- 1, 8 ounce crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix flavored Jello and gelatin together and add boiling water to dissolve, stirring well. Add enough water to the reserved orange juice to make 1 cup and add to gelatin mixture. Add wine.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill in a 2 quart baking dish or 7 cup mold.