- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 20 min
- Total: 3 hr 40 min
- Serving: 8
The very best Christmas pudding I've ever had!
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup canned mincemeat pie filling
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- Grease 2-quart mold with lid (or casserole dish). Sift together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce and pumpkin. Mix into flour mixture until smooth; pour into mold.
- Place rack in bottom of large pot and fill halfway with boiling water. Place pudding on rack and steam over medium heat for 2 1/2 hours, checking occasionally and adding water if needed.
- Pudding is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When pudding is firm, remove from water and allow to cool 10 minutes before unmolding onto plate.
- Blend sour cream, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Spoon over warm pudding and serve.