- Prep: 2 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4
Warm up Christmas day - or any morning of the year - with this healthy, filling, soul-warming hot cereal.
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons warm maple syrup
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk, oats and dried cranberries and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes or until creamy and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts and flax. Cover pan with a lid and let stand 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon into individual bowls and top each with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.