- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10
Christmas Garland Jelly is a molded red and green gelatin dessert filled with bananas and pineapples.
- 1 (3 ounce) package red gelatin
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 package Dream Whip
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- maraschino cherries
- Dissolve red gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 3/4 cup cold water. Chill until syrupy. Pour into a 6 cup ring mold. Place banana slices vertically into gelatin. Chill until almost firm.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add pineapple juice. Chill 1/2 cup lime gelatin until syrupy.
- Beat Dream Whip, milk and vanilla in a small bowl until stiff. Fold 1 cup Dream Whip mixture into chilled lime gelatin. Spoon over red gelatin in mold. Chill until almost firm.
- Chill remaining lime gelatin until partially set. Fold in pineapple. Spoon over Dream Whip layer. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Fill center with remaining Dream Whip. Garnish with almonds and cherries.