- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
Christmas Cornflake Wreaths aren't dyed green but instead are studded with raisins, almonds and tart cherries.
- 4 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup minature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup dried tart red cherries
- 1 pound vanilla flavored candy coating, cut up
- purchased frosting, optional for decorating
- Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cornflakes, marshmallows, nuts, raisins and cherries.
- In a heavy medium saucepan melt candy coating over low heat, stirring often. Pour melted candy coating over cereal mixture. Stir gently until well coated.
- Drop mixture by 1/4 cup measure onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten mixture slightly to form circles about 2 inches wide. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make a 3/4 inch hole in the center of each cookie, spreading the cookies to about 3 inches in diameter. When cool, decorate with frosting, if desired. Store in airtight container separated with wax paper between layers.