- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Chorizo Sausage makes the perfect spicy and garlicky addition to this classic cornbread and apple stuffing. Serve for the holidays or enjoy this simple dish as an easy side to roast chicken.
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/2 green apple, chopped
- 1/2 pound smoked chorizo sausage, casing removed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 cups Corn Bread Stuffing
- Place the broth, black pepper, chili powder, celery, onion and apples into a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer, covered, for 6 minutes.
- Gently stir in the smoked chorizo sausage and the seasoned and corn bread stuffing, and then transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; serve immediately.