- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 24 appetizers
Use spicy Chorizo sausage, or any other hot pork sausage, as the filling for these delicious appetizers.
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) bulk chorizo, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 (10-ounce) package scoop-shaped tortilla chips
- Place the sausage and the bell pepper in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, and cook for 7 minutes or until the sausage has browned.
- Once the sausage mixture has cooled slightly, add 1/2 cup of cheese and the cilantro and stir to combine.
- Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each tortilla chip and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.