- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
This is such a delicious and unique appetizer to serve guests along with their cocktails; thick chunks of Spanish chorizo marinated in a dry red wine, garlic, bay leaf and cayenne pepper blend.
- 2 4-ounce pieces dry Spanish chorizo
- 6 cups dry red wine (about two 750-milliliter bottles)
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the sausage, red wine, garlic, bay leaves and cayenne pepper into a large sauté pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from the mixture and place on a cutting board. Slice the sausage, on the diagonal, into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and then return to the pan. Simmer the mixture over medium heat for an additional 5 minutes and then transfer to a bowl and serve.