- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 (10-inch) pizzas
Heat up the grill and make a distinctively delicious grilled pizza that tastes like it just came out of a wood-burning oven. Use our Grilled Carmelized Onion recipe with this pizza.
- 2 (13.8-ounce) tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1/3 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Grilled Caramelized Vidalia Onions (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces cured Spanish chorizo or Portuguese linguica, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces (1 1/4 cups) baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 to 450 degrees F. and cut four pieces of aluminum foil into 12-inch squares. Spray each with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into four even portions and place one piece on each square of foil. Press and stretch the dough into a circle about 10-inches round and 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Spray each dough circle with cooking spray.
- Coat the grill grate with oil and place the dough, (oiled-side down) on the grill. Remove foil and shut the lid. Cook dough 2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Place pizza rounds on a cutting board, grilled side up. Top each with tomato sauce, cheese, onions, chorizo or linguica, and arugula, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the pizzas on the grill and cook over medium-low heat with the lid shut about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Be sure to watch pizza because they can easily burn. Slice and serve.